All charities that comply with the following rules may submit an application with a view to receiving financial help or a grant.
- Be a Belgian charity, preferably of small or medium size and with legal recognition.
- Have as an objective to give aid to a humanitarian, social or medical group based in Belgium.
- UFB gives a large part of its grants to humanitarian or social actions.
- UFB does not give grants to cultural, political or religious actions.
- UFB does not give grants to subsidized schools.
- Have existed for a minimum of three years dating from the publication of its status in the Moniteur Belge.
- Present a detailed material project which is located in Belgium.
- Administrative or functional costs are not covered in these projects.
- If the association has already received a grant from the UFB, it must wait a minimum of three years from the date of the official letter of notification from its previous grant before applying for a new one.
- If the association has already received a grant from the UFB concerning the financing of a vehicle, it must wait a minimum of 6 years from the date of the official letter of notification from its previous grant before applying for another vehicle. If the association wants to apply for a project different than the purchase of a vehicle, it may introduce a project 3 years after the last grant. Worth noting is that UFB will only finance a part of the vehicle, that is to say, 50-70% of its value, options not included.